Hokkaido: Furano

We parted ways with our friends and headed towards Furano, home of the Hokkaido lavender fields.

The drive to Furano was beautiful. I fell in love with the fields and rolling hills. Occasionally we'd see a little peak at a small lavender field next to a little farmhouse. It was amazing. I told Seth it was time to quit his job and become a lavender farmer.


We first went to a place called Rabendaa (Lavender)-no Mori, thinking a place called Lavender Forest would be a good place to find Lavender fields.




 Her flower pose 

sign says: Sea of Lavender


While I did think this field was beautiful, I had seen enough pictures of Furano to know this was not the field we were looking for. I did a bit of quick research and found that the place we needed to go was Farm Tomita. Tomita is not only famous for it's lavender, but also it's melons.

 Tomita Melon House

 Taking a bite out of this giant melon


 The boys were definitely more interested in the tractors than the flower fields.







I pointed out to Seth that flower fields are definitely a mom and daughter kind of activity. Simeon enjoyed finding a dirt pile to poke at.



 Love this view too

Love my sweet girl

 Of course we had to try the lavender ice cream




 And the melon ice cream. It tasted exactly like a perfectly fresh melon. Amazing.

 While looking for another bathroom (the closest one had a long line) I found more fields. They just went on and on.

I also stumbled upon this adorable farm house

I fell so in love with Furano. The smell of the growing lavender is like nothing I've ever smelled before. No bottled lavender comes close (even the natural stuff). So glad we got to spend the afternoon in this beautiful place. 

Sadly we had to leave Furano and drive on to our hotel in Sapporo. 

Comments

  1. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Next summer.... breathe Natalie breathe. NEXT summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is just breathtakingly beautiful! I feel like I say something to that effect after ALL the posts...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts