Hokkaido: Sapporo Temple Open House

On day 4 we were finally able to attend the Open House for the new LDS temple in Sapporo. This was the reason for our visit. We were unable to take pictures inside the temple, but you can view pictures here.

For those who don't know, whenever a new temple is built for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the temple is open to the public for several weeks. The temples are all very beautiful, and we like to share with the community the reasons why these beautiful buildings are built. We took a one-hour English tour of the inside of the temple. The tour guide explained the purpose of each room, and pointed out the details that are unique to this temple (like the Hokkaido volcano on the mural in the Instruction Room, or the zen garden at the bottom of the stairs). On August 21 the temple will be dedicated as the House of the Lord. After the dedication only members who live worthily may enter the temple. We view the temple as the Lord's house. It is a sacred and special place where we make promises to follow God. Marriages are also performed in the temple. We believe these marriages last longer than "Till death do us part." These marriages last for eternity. 

Being inside the temple with my children was a special experience. I'm so glad that we had this opportunity to share our love of the temple with them. 















Sapporo might be my new favorite temple. The grounds are amazingly beautiful. I love the Hokkaido specific details inside. As with all temples, I love the peaceful feeling that I feel here and the strengthening of my testimony. I love to see the temple. I look forward to the day when I can be with my children in a dedicated temple. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful family and temple! Sapporo is my new favorite as well! Although NYC and Boston are close seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's super awesome that you guys were able to attend the temple open house! It's so beautiful (of course)!

    Also, definitely loving the IP Quick on the BO strap! Smart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts