Shinkansen and Tokyo Station

We rode the Shinkansen (bullet train) to Tokyo so we could go to Disneyland. We spent a few hours at Tokyo Station before heading to our hotel at Disney.

Beast of Burden. Our church is right across the street from the train station. It is so nice to have a place to park when riding the train.

Even though I let him carry the JuJuBe, I still ended up carrying the cuter burden.

Here is our train


Happy family on the Shinkansen

The Shinkansen is very fast (200mph). We knew it was fast, but it's hard to picture it until you see it. The following video has not been sped up:


Impressive. Most impressive. It is also very quiet and has a very smooth start - doesn't throw you back into your seat. It also has way more leg room than an airplane, which is a huge bonus. It was fun to travel this way.


They enjoyed looking out the window as we entered Tokyo. They really wanted to find the "tallest tower in the world" (Tokyo Skytree). 

Tokyo Station is huge. We wanted to explore some of the fun things in the station, like Character Street and Kitchen Street, but it was really overwhelming and we didn't end up finding either of those. We did explore part of the huge multi-story shopping mall.








And we ate some expensive hamburgers at a restaurant in the station.

We had to walk for a mile (at least it felt that way - I don't feel it's much of an over-exaggeration) to the train that would take us to Disney. We were very glad to finally arrive.




 The waiting area of our hotel had this fun play area. So smart: let the kids play while Daddy checks in.

Finally made it to our Happy Magic Room. The kids had fun finding all the hidden magic around the room (and jumping on the bed too).

Comments

  1. My favorite line from the blog: "Impressive. Most impressive."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have quite the train enthusiast in our ranks so we have someone who knows about bullet trains--super cool that you got to ride one!

    Also, while your little man is DEFINITELY the cutest thing you're hauling, I've stared at Iconic a lot (and to my chagrin have totally fallen in love, I HATED that print at first!) and I only just noticed that little dog when I saw him on your strap here. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Iconic so much! I keep seeing prints that are so great on the brb but I could never give up my iconic. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts