Skiing at Okunakayama

We spent two days skiing at Okunakayama Ski Resort over the long MKJ weekend in January. I know, that was forever ago, right? I decided I had better hurry and get these winter posts up before we find ourselves in beach season.

Seth had gone skiing as a child, but this was the first time for the kids and me. I was pretty dubious about my ability to not injure myself, but I survived - all limbs intact - and the kids had a blast. Simeon, in particular picked it up really fast.

That's one way to pack up the car - if your kids don't mind skis in their face. We put the seat down and crammed everyone in the middle row of our van and it worked out much better. 

There were some long tunnels on our drive.

Let it Go is an appropriate song to sing on the way to a ski resort

Caleb has an obsession with "Big Boots". Japanese people have an obsession with his cuteness. A Japanese man came over and asked if he could take a picture of Caleb stomping around in these ski boots.

I did it! First time on skis!

She did it too!

We made this trip with friends. They were really helpful with trading off babies and helping our kids learn. 






Okunakayama is such a great place to learn, lots of space and a nice gentle beginner hill.


Our friend took Alivia on the lift and down the slope her first time. I thought there would be so many tears, but she did great!

Finally got my turn to go up the lift. The view would be beautiful if I wasn't fearing for my life.

Alivia on the lift with Daddy

"All by myself" She's a big girl. This video is actually from our second day when the powder was amazing.

Simeon on the lift with Daddy

Watch him fly down the mountain

Caleb thinks he can ski too.

King of the Castle


 Skiing, Udon, and Curry were made for each other

Farewell Oku, until next time!

Comments

  1. So much recreation! SO much fun and cuteness!! That place just looks like something out of a Dream World, too...GORGEOUS. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts